Thursday, December 15, 2016

Frontiers of the Roman Empire | Germany


Unesco whs Germany
Postcard
From the beginning of the 2nd century AD for approximately the next 150 years, the Limes marked the frontier between Rome’s Empire and the Germanic tribal territories. In Roman times, the Saalburg fort kept watch over a section of the Limes in the Taunus hills.

This fort is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site 'Frontiers of the Roman Empire'.
Stamps
Abbey of Corvey, Unesco World Heritage site from Germany. The pictures on the left are not stamps

1 comments:

Okuse Marvedobankz said...

I cannot thank you fully for the blogposts on your web page. I know you placed a lot of time and effort into all of them and hope you know how considerably I appreciate it. I hope I will do precisely exactly the same for an additional individual at some point.

Post a Comment

Flags

Free counters!

Total Pageviews